32 Tips to Improve Your Health and Fitness
Tip #2. The 5 Pillars of Health
The 5 most common elements of fitness that we need to be healthy and happy are (in no specific order):
1. Move more.
2. Eat better.
3. Sleep 7+ hours.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Manage our stress.
All 5 of these are necessary elements to live a healthy, happy life. These pillars work together to support our health and fitness. When we stop prioritizing any one of theses 5 elements, we give up essential parts of our health and fitness.
1. We must workout 3-5 days a week, including: cardio, resistance training, and bodyweight movements.
2. We must take responsibility for our nutrition (we can’t out train a bad diet).
3. We must get enough sleep to rest, repair, and recover.
4. We must drink enough water to function optimally.
5. We must manage our stress so we are not handicapping our health and happiness.
You are worth being happy and healthy. Your relationships thrive when you are your best self. You perform better at work when you are working on being a better you.
Take control of all 5 pillars of health to function optimally so you can be the best possible you.
To Do Today: Which of these 5 pillars of health do you need to work on right now in order to thrive?
Stay tuned tomorrow for Tip #3!